Walthers Proto 920-48155 HO Scale EMD SD45 High Hood Diesel Norfolk & Western N&W 1767
Handle fast freight on your HO railroad with the rugged WalthersProto SD45! Introduced in 1966 with a 20-cylinder 645 prime mover cranking out 3600 horsepower, SD45s quickly became the preferred power for expedited freights and piggyback trains, going on to new careers with regionals and shortlines into the 1980s and beyond.
- NEW - High, short hood versions of Norfolk & Western & Southern Railway units
- One time run of these road numbers, order now - limited quantity available!
- Prototypes in freight service from 1966 to early 2000s - several preserved today!
- Road-specific details
- Superb paint and lettering
- Five-pole, skew-wound, high-torque, high-efficiency can motor
- Helical gears with 14:1 ratio for smooth, ultra-quiet running
- LED constant and directional headlights as appropriate
- Easy multiple-unit operation
- Heavy die-cast metal underframe
- Correct size RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- Road-specific details on this model include:
- NEW - High short hood
- Long hood forward operation
- Whip-style radio antenna
- Leslie S-5T-R air horn
- Short hood mounted bell and bracket
- Flexicoil-C trucks with high and low mount brake cylinder