Walthers Proto 920-43704 HO Scale ALCo PA-B Diesel Set "Daylight Scheme" T&NO SP 200/203 LokSound
Sleek and stylish, the famed Alco PA and PB join the WalthersProto family of HO diesel power! Leading some of America's most popular new streamliners in the postwar years, the prototypes entered service in 1946 as Alco's answer to EMD's E units, before being reassigned to fast freight service in the 1960s. With all the details and proven performance that defines WalthersProto replicas.
- One-time run of these roadnumbers, order now - limited quantity available
- NEW - WalthersProto version!
- Era-specific details
- Factory-installed formed wire grab irons and handrails
- LokSound 5 Sound and DCC for DCC- or DC-powered layouts
- 21mtc connector
- Powered PA and PB units
- Constant and directional LED Lighting including:
- Mars light
- Working back up light
- Rugged WalthersProto drive with:
- Five-pole, skew-wound, high-torque, high-efficiency can motor
- All-wheel drive and electrical pick up
- 14:1 helical gears for smooth, ultra-quiet running
- Dual brass flywheels
- Easy multiple-unit operation
- Heavy die cast metal chassis
- Correct size RP-25 wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- Road-and era-specific details include:
- 5-chime air horn
- Standard pilot
Based on 12 PA-PA sets ordered especially for Southern Pacific's Texas & New Orleans subsidiary in 1949. Outwardly similar but without dynamic brakes, all were finished in Daylight colors and lettered for Southern Pacific. They were used in their home territory on various passenger and mail trains until 1959 when they were sent west. There, they were assigned to coast service trains, and were used as trailing units on The City of San Francisco and other SP trains due to the lack of Automatic Train Stop (ATS) and pilot plows.
NOTE: Road number may vary from picture shown.