Rapido Trains 114036 HO Scale Budd Baggage Dorm Seaboard Air Line SAL 6052
Pullman-Standard may have been America’s largest railroad car manufacturer, but Budd was without a doubt the most stylish. And Rapido’s new Baggage-Dorm reflects that style.
Baggage Dormitory cars were used on many trains throughout North America, providing baggage/express service along with sleeping quarters for the on-board service crew. In later years, many of these cars lost their bunks and were converted to full baggage cars. This model is based on the Canadian Pacific prototype built by Budd in 1954/55. Many railroads operated similar cars.
Without a doubt the most detailed Budd passenger car models ever produced!
- Realistic stainless steel finish
- Track-powered interior lighting compatible with DC and DCC layouts
- Full underbody detail including separate air, steam and electrical lines
- Separate metal grab irons, stirrups and end gates
- Accurate D22 brake equipment and piping
- Super-detailed 41-NDO-11 trucks with end frames
- Full, multi-color interior detail
- 3D CP beaver shields on CPR models - not just a printed picture!
- Sprung diaphragms
- Metal Macdonald-Cartier knuckle couplers
NOTE: Road number may vary from picture shown.