Kadee HO Scale #36 Long (25/64") centerset shank
This industry leading coupler features plastic standard coupler with metal knuckle, and #621 torsion centering spring and comes complete with #233 insulated draft gearbox and lid. The #36 Magne-Matic® Metal Coupler is designed mostly for body mounting with limited space either above or below the mounting platform, with or without Draft Gear Box Lid and with Draft Gearbox Lid either on top or bottom.
Note: The 30-Series Torsion Spring can be mounted either below or above the coupler shank, but must always be mounted between the Coupler Spring Lid and Draft Gearbox.
The 146 Whisker® Metal Coupler mounted in a #252 Snap-together Gearbox is equivalent to the #36 Coupler. The Whisker® Coupler mounted in a #252 Snap-together Gear box makes for simple and easy assembly. Other Whisker® Coupler #36 equivalent options include #156 Whisker® "Scale" Metal Coupler when mounted a #252 Snap-together Gearbox.
It is not recommended to use a metal coupler directly on a metal surface or in a metal draft gearbox to avoid possible electrical crossover and shorting that may cause damage.
- Material - Metal Knuckle, Plastic Coupler Shank
- Shank Length - Long (25/64") (center hole to back of coupler head)
- Coupler Offset - Centerset
- Knuckle Spring - #622
- Centering System - Standard Shank
- Centering Spring - #621 Torsion Centering Spring
- Head - Standard Head
- Works With - #233 draft gearboxes
- (2) Pair #36 Plastic Shank Couplers - Long Centerset Shank
- (2) Pair #621 Torsion Centering Spring
- (2) Pair #233 Gearboxes & Lids
- (2) Pair #210 Washers
- (2) Pair #256 - 2-56 Screws
- (2) #622 Knuckle Springs