Kadee HO Scale #11, Bulk Pack Kadee #5 Couplers
This industry leading coupler features an all metal standard coupler, and #634 standard centering spring. The NO.5® Magne-Matic® Metal Coupler may be mounted with the #213, #232, #234, #242 Gearboxes (not included) or with other manufacturers cast-on coupler pockets.
The 148 Whisker® Coupler is equivalent to the NO.5® Metal Coupler.
It is not recommended to use a metal coupler directly on a metal surface or in a metal draft gearbox to avoid possible electrical crossover and shorting that may cause damage. Use the provided insulated gearbox or insulated #28 coupler.
Refer to our helpful Coupler Conversion Charts to determine the appropriate coupler to use on your model.
- (20) Pair NO.5® Metal Couplers - Medium Centerset Shank
- (20) Pair #634 Centering Spring NO.5® Style
- Extra #622 Knuckle Springs
NO.5® Metal Coupler Features:
- Material - Metal
- Shank Length - Medium (9/32") (center hole to back of coupler head)
- Coupler Offset - Centerset
- Knuckle Spring - #622
- Centering System - Standard Shank
- Centering Spring - #634 Centering Spring NO.5® Style
- Head - Standard Head
- Works In Place of - #58, #28, #118, #119, #148, #158, & most medium centerset "clone" couplers.
- Works With - #213, #232, #234, #242 draft gear boxes, & most manufacturer cast-on coupler pockets* (molded-on gearbox).
*Note: Some manufacturers now produce models with non-industry standard coupler pockets (molded-on gearbox). These shallower coupler pockets may require slight modification to the gearbox or coupler to function properly. If the model has a shallow molded-on gearbox, a #148 Whisker® coupler should be used unsteady of a NO.5® coupler. The top of the #148 Whisker® coupler shank may be filed thinner to fit the shallower cast-on coupler pockets.
- Mounting Height - 29/64"
- Centerline - 25/64"
- Trip Pin Height - 1/32"
- Center Hole - 2-56 Insulated Screws are the most commonly used. (Screw length will vary)
- Side Holes - 0-48 Self-Tapping or 0-80 Machine Screws. (Screw length will vary)
NOTE: Does not include Draft Gear Boxes or Lids.