J Concepts 0399S 2005 Chevy 1500 Single Cab Monster Truck Body with Samson Arms
The JConcepts 2005 Chevy 1500 MT "Samson" Single Cab 12.5 Monster Truck Body is a 1/10 scale replica of the famous “big gunned” Monster truck. Starting with the 2005 Chevy Silverado, the JConcepts team took a considerable amount of time to blend the 3D Samson arms into the design. The blended truck and character have been around since Dan Patrick was contracted by a TV company in the early 90’s to produce something for the famous show, American Gladiator. Since then, it’s been a trademark of the Samson team to run the “big guns” on every racing vehicle in the line-up.
The body was designed and engineered to deliver the capability that customers have come to expect from the JConcepts pickups. When it comes to monster trucks, Chevrolet has a die-hard following going back to the square body designs of the 70’s and 80’s. A keen eye will detect the family heritage in monster trucks and now JConcepts is bringing another favorite to the RC loyalist.
A heavy project for the JConcepts R&D team was developing this body to length and width specifications while maintaining the single cab layout. A highly popular body in the 1:1 community, the single cab has a mystique. From the large budget teams all the way to independent trucks, the 2005 is an important shell in the industry. Settling on the 12.5” wheelbase was easy, deciding bed length and wheel well openings was a painstaking process behind the scenes. The end result, the Samson has an inspiring look, something that makes a driver proud to be a truck enthusiast without the fear to race it.
The muscle was chiseled into the front tire openings while the aerodynamics remain for the truck to hold its own in a straight-line. A twin-port grille, full-width bumper and power hump hood create a strong presence, which is carried through in sculpted body sides. The grille area has not been compromised and accepts the detailed JConcepts decal sheet and includes two different grille and headlight options. The front fascia is strong and while the large tire openings swoop through, the bumper has recessed areas for side-marker lights and air inlet.
The tailgate is rigid in appearance with a slight undercut that is so common on the Chevrolet trucks. The 2005 Silverado’s bed features a slight recess which painters can leave clear or detail to their specification on any build. No race truck would be complete without a bobbed rear bedside to give racers extra clearance and an unmistakable visual rake.
Each package includes window mask, 2005 generation Chevy Silverado specific decal sheet, racerback, visor and clear polycarbonate body. In addition, this body includes the Samson graphics wrap that can be applied to the finished product for that final appearance. The product is always backed by JConcepts customer service, supported and used trackside by our world-wide racing team and developed by professionals with style and authenticity.
- Samson, officially licensed by Patrick Enterprises Incorporated to JConcepts Inc.
- Officially licensed by Chevrolet to JConcepts Inc.
- Body measures 7.50” in width and 12.5” wheelbase
- Fits a variety of platforms including solid axle race trucks
- Scale inspired body, cab and window design
- 1:1 headlight and grill treatment
- Clear heavy-duty polycarbonate with protective film
- Racerback and visor included for the ultimate scale look
- Window masks and detailed 2005 Chevrolet decal sheet
- Highly detailed, super quality Samson decal wrap
- The body, racerback and visor should all be painted and detailed as desired as the first step of operation. After trim and assembly, it’s important to take the necessary time and apply the wrap carefully.
- Painted body shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only and is not included. The body you will receive is clear and unpainted.