Exactrail Express EX1015-3 HO Scale Gunderson 5200 Boxcar Southern Pacific "Eugene" SP 223474
Built in the late sixties and early seventies, the Gunderson 5200 is a classic-looking boxcar with modern appeal. Constructed near the end of the internal post, double sheathed boxcar era, the straight sill and centered Youngstown 8ft doors lend itself to clean modern symmetry on a car with vintage aesthetics.
The Express Series Gunderson 5200 Boxcar from ExactRail brings you a faithful reproduction of the prototype at a budget friendly price. Featuring accurate 4/4 corrugated ends, non-overhanging roof, notched sill, double doors and detailed underframe. All versions also include 70-ton equalized trucks with metal wheelsets and Kadee #5 Couplers.
- New road numbers
- Era: 1967 to 1990s
- Series 223000 to 223999, built August/1966
- Road numbers 223385, 223410, 223474, 223501, 222563 and 223598
- Multiple road numbers
- Double 8’ doors
- Molded on lower door track
- Tack boards mounted on side doors
- Molded on side ladders
- Separately applied brake wheel
- Separately applied Apex coupler crossover platforms
- Non-overhanging diagonal panel roof
- Kadee #5 Couplers
- Highly detailed ASF Ride Control 70-ton trucks
- 33” machined metal wheels with .110” wide wheel tread
- Operates on Code 70, 83 and 100 rail
- Weighted to Industry standards for reliable operation
- Packaging safely stores model
- Minimum radius: 22”
NOTE: Road number may vary from picture shown.