ESTES 2092 Mongoose Model Rocket Kit
Skill Level 1
The Estes Mongoose is the perfect first time building and flying experience for a newbie who wants to try their hand at flying a two stage rocket.
A two stage rocket has two sections of the rocket with the engines stacked or staged one on top of the other. The lower or first stage contains a booster engine that kicks the rocket off the launch pad, and the upper or second stage has a standard engine inserted into it for extreme flight altitude.
Recovery is usually by parachute or streamer. The action is always hot when flying a staged rocket! The Mongoose can be flown as a single stage rocket or add a booster engine and watch this beast soar to astonishing heights of over 1,800 feet.
Standing over 26 inches tall, this high-flying rocket will descend back to earth on a colorful 12 inch parachute.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, pencil, ruler, carpenter’s glue, plastic cement, hobby knife, masking tape and clear tape. (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad and Electron Beam Launch Controller, Estes model rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding. Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).
- Recommended Engines
- Rocket Only: A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- Two Stages:
- Rocket: A8-5, B6-6, C6-7
- Booster: B6-0, C6-0
- Projected Max Altitude: 1600 ft. (488 m)
- Recovery System: 12 in. (30.5 cm) Parachute; Tumble
- Length: 27 in. (68.6 cm)
- Diameter: 0.98 in. (25 mm)
- Estimated Weight: 1 oz. (28.3 g)
- Estimated Assembly Time: 1 Hour (painting and glue drying time not included)
- Fin Materials: Plastic
- Decal Type: Self-stick
- Launch System: Porta-Pad II and Electron Beam Launch Controller
- Launch Rod Size: 1/8"
- Age Recommendation: Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.