ESTES 1491 Taser Model Rocket Kit
Skill Level E2X
The Taser Launch Set from Estes is an exciting, radically designed high altitude rocket launch set that is easy to build. The rocket kit features a brightly colored one piece body tube, molded plastic fin set and bullet shaped nose cone. Simply glue a few rocket pieces together, apply the colorful self-stick decals and in less than an hour you’ll be ready for the launch pad!
The Taser rocket is 17 inches tall. With its custom three-fin design, it climbs to an outta sight altitude of over 1,100 feet. A bright-colored 12 inch parachute returns this rocket back to the launch site. You’ll be ready in an hour for another extreme launch experience!
LAUNCH SYSTEM includes Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad and Electron Beam Launch Controller.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, fine sandpaper, carpenter’s glue, plastic cement and masking tape. (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes model rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding. Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).
- Recommended Engines: A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, B6-6, C6-5, C6-7
- Projected Max Altitude: 1100 ft. (335 m)
- Recovery System: 12 in. (30.5 cm) Parachute
- Length: 17 in. (43.2 cm)
- Diameter: 0.98 in. (25 mm)
- Estimated Weight: 1.5 oz. (42.5 g)
- Estimated Assembly Time: 1 Hour (painting and glue drying time not included)
- Fin Materials: Plastic
- Decal Type: Self-stick
- Launch System: Includes Porta-Pad II and Electron Beam Launch Controller
- Launch Rod Size: 1/8"
- Age Recommendation: Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.