ESTES 1295 Mean Machine Model Rocket Kit
Skill Level 2
The Mean Machine standing almost 80 inches tall is one TALL rocket and to make transport to the launch field easier, the clever rocket designers developed a unique twist lock connector set that allows you to take your rocket apart right in the middle!
This legendary rocket is an Advanced skill level kit! We’ve just updated the decor and think you will love it as much as we do! This high performance rocket can be flown on our powerful Estes D and E model rocket engines with the included engine spacer and can top out at about 700 feet. A colorful 24 inch parachute is included for recovery. This rocket kit is another of the favorite classics that no model rocket enthusiast should be without!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, pencil, ruler, fine sandpaper, carpenter’s glue, plastic cement, hobby knife, masking tape, primer (white), paint (blue, white) and clear coat (optional). (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad and E Launch Controller, Estes model rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding. Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).
- Recommended Engines: D12-3, D12-5, E12-4, E12-6
- Projected Max Altitude: 700 ft. (213 m)
- Recovery System: 24 in. (61 cm) Parachute
- Length: 79 in. (200.7 cm)
- Diameter: 1.64 in. (42 mm)
- Estimated Weight: 8.5 oz. (241 g)
- Estimated Assembly Time: 2 Hours (painting and glue drying time not included)
- Construction: Twist-lock Coupler
- Fin Materials: Laser cut wood
- Decal Type: Waterslide
- Launch System: Porta-Pad II and E Launch Controller
- Launch Rod Size: 3/16" Maxi Rod (sold separately)
- Age Recommendation: Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.