ESTES 1256 Alpha III Model Rocket Kit
Skill Level E2X
Join the hundreds of thousands of people who got their start in model rockets with this classic! The first rocket in the Beginner level series, the high-flying Alpha III was designed with beginners in mind.
Renown for its classic good looks, simple assembly, and excellent performance, the Alpha III is one of the model rocketry’s best-known and most-loved designs. The black body tube, fluorescent orange nose cone and one piece fin unit makes this rocket easy-to-assemble and fun to fly! With nothing needed more then everyday household supplies and some glue, you’ll be ready for liftoff in an hour. Using Estes standard model rocket engines (sold separately), watch as the Alpha III soars to 1150 feet high. Once the rocket reaches its peak altitude, it will gently return to earth on its brightly colored, matching orange 12 inch parachute. Whether you’re a first time rocketeer or a long time flyer, the Alpha III is a true classic that should be in everyones’ collection.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, pencil, ruler, fine sandpaper, carpenter’s glue and hobby knife. (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad and Electron Beam Launch Controller, Estes model rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding. Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).
- Recommended Engines: 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5, B4-4, B6-4, B6-6, C6-5, C6-7
- Projected Max Altitude: 1150 ft. (351 m
- Recovery System: 12 in. (30.5 cm) Parachute
- Length: 12.1 in. (30.7 cm)
- Diameter: 0.98 in. (25 mm)
- Estimated Weight: 1.2 oz. (34 g)
- Estimated Assembly Time: 1 Hour (painting and glue drying time not included)
- Fin Materials: Plastic
- Decal Type: Self-stick
- Launch System: Porta-Pad II and Electron Beam Launch Controller
- Launch Rod Size: 1/8"
- Age Recommendation: Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.