ESTES 1225 Alpha Model Rocket Kit
Skill Level 1
When a rocket has been sold to millions of model rocketeers for over three decades, there has to be a reason. With its high quality components, easy assembly and reliable performance, the Estes Alpha has become the all time leading entry level rocket! If you are brand new to rocketry, this is the place to start. The Alpha is a great introduction to sanding and painting, making it a perfect step up from one of our ready to fly plastic kits. Even if you are a master rocketeer, you will find nostalgic joy in building and launching this Estes classic! Many of our customers purchase multiple Alpha’s, and using different paint schemes, build an entire Alpha fleet. How cool is that?
Building this awesome rocket takes about an afternoon and flying is just as easy and enjoyable. When powered with a C engine, the rocket can reach cloud topping altitudes of 1000 feet. Recovery of this aerodynamic wonder is accomplished with a colorful 12 inch parachute. The Alpha is the best place to start for young rocket enthusiasts. Teachers and group leaders looking for exciting STEM (Science Technology Education Math) activities should look no further than the Alpha Bulk Pack to introduce students to the world of rocketry. This rocket will get any student hooked on rocketry.
Its suggested color scheme and classy red, white and blue decals are as American as you can get. You’ll feel patriotic building this sleek and colorful rocket as well as flying it. The Alpha has been a staple in the Estes catalog for years, and will be for generations to come. The reason? It is easy to build, looks awesome, and is a great performer on the launch site. You can’t ask for a better starter rocket, so get an Alpha and start flying today!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD: Scissors, pencil, ruler, fine sandpaper, carpenter’s glue, hobby knife, masking tape, primer (white), paint (red, white). (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH (sold separately): Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad and Electron Beam Launch Controller, Estes model rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding. Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).
- Recommended Engines: 1/2A6-2, A8-3, A8-5, B4-4, B6-4, B6-6, C6-5, C6-7 w/Engine Adapter (sold separately)- A10-3T
- Projected Max Altitude: 1000 ft. (305 m)
- Recovery System: 12 in. (30.5 cm) Parachute
- Length: 12.3 in. (31.2 cm)
- Diameter: 0.98 in. (25 mm)
- Estimated Weight: 0.8 oz. (22.7 g)
- Estimated Assembly Time: 1 Hour (painting and glue drying time not included)
- Fin Materials: Laser cut wood
- Decal Type: Self-stick
- Launch System: Porta-Pad II and Electron Beam Launch Controller
- Launch Rod Size: 1/8"
- Age Recommendation: Estes model rocketry is recommended for boys and girls ages 10+ with adult supervision for those under 12, and rocketeers of all ages.