BLI 4274 HO Scale EMD GP20 NYC 6102
In November 1959, EMD introduced the first of its second-generation diesels, the turbocharged GP20. The GP20 is a four-axle road switcher with a turbocharged 567D2 engine, capable of producing 2000 horsepower. Two prominent features of the original GP20's are dynamic brakes and a low, short hood that tapers away from the front of the cab. Between November of 1959 and April 1962, EMD produced 260 of these locomotives, which were originally sold to eight US railroads. GP20's made their way to many railroads, and several are still operating today on short lines in the US.
In our first production, Broadway Limited Imports is offering models in eight prototypical paint schemes and also one Unpainted version.
- Paragon4 Sound & Control System featuring ROLLING THUNDER
- Integral Dual-Mode Decoder with Back EMF for Superb Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
- 5-Pole Can Motor with Skew Wound Armature
- All Wheel Electrical Pick-up
- ABS Plastic Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Premium Caliber Painting
- Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
- Road-specific Details Accurate for Each Paint Scheme
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Grab Irons, Fans, Sunshades, Antennas, and More!
- Factory-Installed Engineer Figure
- Prototypical Light Operation Accurate for each Railroad
- Prototypically Accurate Sounds for the EMD GP20
- Metal Kadee-compatible Couplers (2)
- Will Operate on Code 70, 83, and 100 rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 inches
- Prototypical NYC Black & White Paint Scheme
- Accurate Details to Match Timeframe of Paint Scheme
- Standard High Headlight, No Shield at Top of Headlight
- Sinclair Antenna on Cab Roof
- Wind Deflectors on Cab Sides
- Standard Turbocharger Stack
- Unique Bell Location on Side of Long Hood
- Prototypical Road-Specific Grab Iron Locations
- Front and Rear Pilot with Footboards
- Truck Sideframes with Hyatt Bearings
- Pan Top Radiator Fans
- Not Equipped with Dynamic Brake
- Separately Controllable Headlight, Rear Light, Cab Light, Class Lights, and Numberboard Lights
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon4: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon4 sound and control system. Each Paragon4 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon4 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with superb back EMF motor control, improved DC motor control, built-in capacitor pack for more reliable electrical pick-up, industry best on-board sound with Rolling Thunder functionality, Pro Lighting Mode for prototypical light control, Switcher model for precise low speed control, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, and the same excellent detail level as Broadway Limited's Paragon3 Series models.
Paragon4 Sound & Control System Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC with improved DC speed control (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Built-In capacitor pack to navigate imperfect track
- Capacitor Pack automatically disabled on program track for full compatibility with JMRI Decoder Pro
- Pro Lighting Mode offers individual control of all lights on model
- Switcher Mode for precise low speed control.
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- High Resolution Audio
- Quillable Whistle for various whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Multiple realistic passenger and crew sounds play on command
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal - When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse. toots three times.
- Prime Mover sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
- EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
**Specifications on this page subject to change.