Atlas Trainman 20004589 Cupola Caboose Chesapeake & Ohio C&O 90236
The first all-steel cabooses built for the Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad were produced in 1937 by the Magor Car Corporation in Clifton, N.J. Magor, along with St. Louis Car Company and ACF, ultimately built a total of 350 cabooses for the C&O using a similar design. The last were produced in 1949. Through subsequent rebuilding and modernization, many remained in service through the end of regular caboose usage in the 1980s. Cabooses of a similar design were also built for Pere Marquette, Missouri Pacific and Chicago & Eastern Illinois.
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- Equipped with AccuMate Knuckle Couplers
- Trucks equipped with free-rolling metal wheels
- Clear window inserts & separately applied side railings