Athearn Genesis G63030 HO Scale 481 Class Bay Window Caboose with Lights WP 481
NOS (New Old Stock)
The caboose may not be a part of most modern railroad operations, but it served an important role for most of railroading history. It was not only a place for the crew to work, but also a place to eat sleep and enjoy off time. Many railroads assigned each crew their own caboose so they could make more "their own". Most railroads used standard types, but some used specialized designed units to better meet their particular needs. Such is the case with the WP 481-Class. Some of these units are still around and in various types of service use.
- All new tooling
- Detailed interior with seats, bunks, tables, etc.
- See-through end platforms and steps
- Detailed underbody with full brake rigging
- Etched metal window screens
- Roof mounted “Flying Saucer” radio antenna ground plane
- Flush window glazing
- Wireform grab irons
- 50-ton trucks with rotating bearing caps
- Axle generator details
- Body-Mounted McHenry scale knuckle-spring couplers
- Machined metal RP25 profile wheel sets
- Laser sharp painting and printing
- Unlighted cabooses will have LEDS installed in marker lights and wires leading to interior of caboose
- Unlighted cabooses will not have interior lights included
- Unlighted Caboose will also include trucks with electrical pick-ups
- Access to interior of caboose with easily removable floor
- Lighted Caboose Features:
- LED lighting for long life and reliable operation
- On-board Lighting System by Soundtraxx – operates in DCC and analog (DC) with lighting functions controllable in DCC
- Built-in capacitor for no-flicker lighting
- LED Interior lights
- Supports advanced consisting in DCC
- Light intensity (marker and interior) independently adjustable via CVs
- Various classes will feature single or dual roof markers, or end-mount marker lights, per prototype and/or era.
NOTE: NOS (New Old Stock) / USED items are as-is and not returnable. If you have any questions please ask before purchasing.