Athearn 87063 HO Scale 24' Taconite Ore Car 4 Pack DM&IR #2
NOS (New Old Stock)
As deposits of high grade iron ore were exhausted, the steel industry turned to more abundant, but less concentrated iron taconite deposits. From the 1920's on, these types of cars have been used in the transport of taconite iron ore. Often seen in long unit trains, these cars are available in both a single road number and four 4-Packs to allow the modeler to build an entire train, or add to an existing one.
- Ex-MDC tooling
- Removable injection molded raw ore load
- Each 4-Pack includes four different numbers
- Machined metal RP25 profile wheel sets
- Heavy die-cast frame for optimum performance
- McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers
- DMIR uses these cars in drawbar connected units of four, 4-Packs included the drawbars for use by modelers if desired
NOTE: Road number may vary from picture shown.
NOTE: NOS (New Old Stock) / USED items are as-is and not returnable. If you have any questions please ask before purchasing.