Athearn 75012 HO Scale Bay Window Caboose B&O 175th Anniversary / CSX 90400
NOS (New Old Stock)
The bay window caboose was popular with many railroads due to the superior view of the sides of the train it provides and the reduced risk of injury to crew from falls due to the elimination of the cupola. As may be obvious to many, the bay window name comes from the extended sides housing the windows that resemble a bay window in a house. The design dates back to the early 1920’s, and versions of this caboose have continued to be built since. This Athearn version of the bay window caboose represents a version that was first built in 1973 and continues in use today.
- Fine scale end handrails and ladders
- Clear windows
- Separately applied roofwalk, smokejack, brake wheel, and brake stand
- Roller bearing caboose trucks
- Fully-assembled and ready to run out of the box
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Machined metal wheels
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on Code 70, 75, 83, 100 rail
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 18"
NOTE: NOS (New Old Stock) / USED items are as-is and not returnable. If you have any questions please ask before purchasing.