Athearn 26742 HO Scale 50' FMC Combo Door Boxcar MD&W 10002
It was the mid 1970s, and the incentive per diem box car boom was just beginning. New, brightly painted box cars seemed to appear overnight. Many were lettered for various short lines. FMC (Food Machinery Corporation) was a significant builder of many of these cars. The 50’ outside post, non-terminating end box car, became the foundation for new per diem cars built in the 1970s. The 50’ FMC cars also varied in door configuration and style to better suit each customer. These cars can still be seen today in the modern railroading scene.
- Scale profile brake wheel
- Roller bearing trucks
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run out of the box
- Accurately painted and printed
- Highly detailed, injection molded body
- Screw mounted trucks with machined metal wheels
- Weighted for trouble-free operation
- Operates on Code 55 and 80 rail
- Minimum radius: 9-3/4"