E-flite 3850 Timber X 1.2m BNF Basic Electric Airplane with SAFE
E-Flite 3850 Timber X 1.2m BNF Basic Electric Airplane with SAFE
The E-flite Timber X 1.2m unleashes a new era of STOL plus 3D aerobatic capability. Based on the extremely popular Timber 1.5m model but featuring a new wing design, oversized control surfaces plus a 3S and 4S compatible power system, it offers an even wider flight envelope to deliver a truly “mild to wild” experience. Hollow-core EPO construction with composite reinforcement results in a lightweight yet strong airframe that's capable of handling extreme aerobatic maneuvers while keeping the wing loading low for impressive Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) and slow flight performance. It's also equipped with high-torque, metal-geared servos plus the shock-absorbing landing gear of the original model so you can fly as aggressively as you want from almost any surface. You can even install the included leading edge slats for improved slow flight performance, or the optional floats (EFL5261, sold separately) so you can fly from water. Add in the LED landing, navigation and strobe lights plus many of the other popular features of the original, and the Timber X is a model almost every pilot can appreciate and enjoy!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
- Pitch and Bank: Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- Automatic Self-Leveling: The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
- Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required: The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
- eXtreme Maneuverability: The factory-installed brushless power system features a 50-amp ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or eXtra power and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery (EFLB22003S30 or EFLB22004S30 recommended)
- Compatible LiPo charger
Whats in the Box:
- (1) E-flite Timber X 1.2m
- (1) 50A Brushless ESC
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (6) High-Torque, Metal-Geared Servos
- (1) Spektrum AR636 6-Channel Receiver
- (1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
- (1) Product Manual