Branchline Trains 1521 HO Scale 40' AAR Boxcar Pennsylvania PRR 71162
NOS (New Old Stock)
Starting in 1945 North American railroads built large numbers of 40’ boxcars to the AAR standard designs. These were built both to replace worn out equipment and to accommodate the postwar business boom. These cars were built with various combinations of roofs, ends and doors with car bodies with six, seven and eight foot door openings. This 40’ AAR boxcar kit gives modelers the most accurate model of these cars yet with all the major variations of the prototype included.
- Made in the USA
- State of the art highly detailed tooling
- Add-on details (ladders, grab irons, etc.)
- 4 different end styles – 4/4, Early and Late Improved Dreadnaught or“Dartnot”
- 2 different roofs – straight or diagonal panel
- 3 different door openings – 6’,7’ and 8’
- Superior or Youngstown doors
- Seven or eight rung ladders
- Easy to assemble fully detailed underframe
- Free rolling trucks with blackened metal wheelsets
- Carefully researched prototypical paint schemes
- Branchline quality painting & printing
NOTE: NOS (New Old Stock) / USED items are as-is and not returnable. If you have any questions please ask before purchasing.